(Updated October 28, 2020 following OHA guidlines published August 14, 2020 and October 16, 2020) Specific health, safety, and sanitation measures were implemented over the course of the past summer to protect our gymnastics community against infectious diseases including flu and COVID-19. As a result, we have experienced a zero percent illness and absentee rate among among students and staff since re-opening in June. We are pleased to report this result and to assure our families that safety and sanitation are our highest priority.
• All youth classes and teams have re-opened for youth in-gym training (except parent-participation toddler classes) following current Oregon Health Authority guidelines and practices published August 14, 2020 with updates on October 16, 2020. Classes and class sizes have been limited under these guidelines mandated to all Oregon youth sport gyms to avoid personal contact between students while promoting a healthy indoor environment. A copy of these protocols may be obtained directly from OHA on their website.
• Student to student contact is avoided and students maintain safe distancing to avoid casual contact. Face coverings are required of all staff at all times in the gym and public areas. Students age 5 and older are required to wear face coverings at all times during exercise except where a face covering could present a danger on certain apparatus where complex skills are attempted and a facecovering could increase the risk of injury to the gymnast.
• Access to the gym is limited to a small quota of students and staff only at any given time. The parent waiting area has been removed until further notice, however monitors are available in the Pro Shop where a limited number of guests can watch classes, and parents are also permitted to watch in the gym by special arrangement, quota space permitting. No minor children are permitted in the gym at any time unless participating in a class.
• Equipment in the gym is sanitized after each use during classes and throughout the day; the entire clubhouse is disinfected daily. The public lobby and restrooms are cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
• A fresh-air exchange system was installed in the air cooling and heating system in June which continuously replaces interior air with fresh outdoor air. Additional filters were added to filter both the indoor circulated air as well as to prevent the introduction of outdoor pollutants such as dust, pollen, insects, etc.
• A contactless check-in system was implemented allowing us to check in students and enter contact tracing data for all persons entering the clubhouse. Body temperature for all students and staff is checked prior or at time of entering the clubhouse to help verify no persons with illness are entering the facility. Face coverings are required in the public area, but students are not required to wear face coverings in the gym while engaged in exercise activity.
Thank you so much for sticking with us. We look forward to continuing to support each other during these challenging times.